Re: List of unaccessible x86 states

On 10/24/2009 12:35 PM, Alexander Graf wrote:

Hm, thinking about this again, it might be useful to have an "currently in nested VM" flag here. That way userspace can decide if it needs to get out of the nested state (for migration) or if it just doesn't care.

Getting out of nested state involves modifying state (both memory and registers). Nor can we in the general case force it. The guest can set up a situation where it is impossible to #vmexit.

- KVM_X86_VCPU_STATE_SVM
   o gif

Can we make this an "svm_flags" or so u32? And then we'd just set bits?

Or individual flags as u8s, so we don't get trapped into a specific encoding which is really an implementation detail.