Re: lspci says: "SCSI storage controller: Qumranet, Inc. Virtio block device". Is it really?

Luca Tettamanti wrote:

So why was "SCSI storage controller" any better than "IDE interface" or
"SATA controller" for virtio block device, if it does not talk SCSI protocol
(other than "SCSI storage controller" being the first on the list of
subclasses)?

Because both ATA and SATA classes have a generic driver that would try
to bind to that controller (and the whole point of virtio block device
is to avoid emulating a ATA/SATA controller).

Doesn't "80  Mass storage controller" ("0x80    0x00    Other mass storage
controller") fit better for virtio block device?

Maybe. I guess that are compatibility problem with "other" operating systems.

Thanks for clarifications.

It makes sense in that case - I don't have any more questions ;)

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org