Re: [RFC] KVM: x86: Support KVM VMs sharing SEV context

On 15/03/21 18:05, Tobin Feldman-Fitzthum wrote:

I can answer this part.  I think this will actually be simpler than with auxiliary vCPUs.  There will be a separate pair of VM+vCPU file descriptors within the same QEMU process, and some code to set up the memory map using KVM_SET_USER_MEMORY_REGION.

However, the code to run this VM will be very small as the VM does not have to do MMIO, interrupts, live migration (of itself), etc.  It just starts up and communicates with QEMU using a mailbox at a predetermined address.

We've been starting up our Migration Handler via OVMF. I'm not sure if this would work with a minimal setup in QEMU.

Yeah, the way to start up the migration handler would be completely different, you'd have to do so very early (probably SEC).

Paolo