Re: Modifying RAM during runtime on guest

Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> Hi, Jim.
> > > I noticed no-one answered this, and I just ran into the same thing
> > > myself. As Avi pointed out earlier, it is a guest bug, and upgrading
> > > the guest to 2.6.27 should fix it:
>
> > >   http://www.mail-archive.com/kvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg10849.html
>
> > In this moment I doesn't have Internet connectivity in my house, but,
> > as soon as it be possible, I shall download the necessary software to
> > compile 2.6.27 or superior and then I tell you the result of the
> > tests.
>
> After to have compiled Linux 2.6.30.3 using the Debian way on guest
> Debian GNU/Linux Lenny, when trying to boot the guest with this kernel,
> the bootstrapping is freeze on "Loading, please wait..." message.
>
> In logs I don't get entries of the bootstrapping process with 2.6.30 (I
> think it is because the process in itself didn't start). Can it be due
> to a bug using 2.6.30.3 in guest with host KVM-88?

2.6.30.3 should work fine, there must be some other problem.  If you
remove "quiet" from the boot command line you should see the kernel
messages which may indicate the problem.  I'd also recommend just
trying a standard prebuilt Debian kernel.
  http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/linux-image-2.6.30-1-amd64

-jim