Boot freeze with nested KVM

Hello,

I am currently investigating a bug on the builds system of sourcehut
(https://builds.sr.ht/). The owner and developer is cc'ed.

Sourcehut uses docker to build a statically linked qemu to boot images
of different linux flavours. These images get refreshed by building
themselves and doing a so called sanity check - that consists of using a
packaged qemu to start the image followed by a SSH connection.
The sanity check only fails on bleeding edge OS (e.g. Arch Linux, Debian
Sid): The boot process freezes with 100% CPU usage.
The same procedure works completely fine on my self hosted instance.

Sourcehut:
Alpine Linux
5.4.43 LTS
AMD EPYC 7281 16-Core Processor

Self hosted instance:
Arch Linux
5.8.10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700

In both cases qemu-headless 5.1.0 is used.

This is the failing qemu command: [1]
This happens during boot freeze: [2] [3]
strace: [4]
strace from beginning: [5]

If I leave out "-enable-kvm -cpu host" it works fine.

Kind regards

[1] https://paste.xenrox.net/~xenrox/29d28d1ea61a04f819819861266554ea42a0d11e#qemu%20command
[2] https://paste.xenrox.net/~xenrox/29d28d1ea61a04f819819861266554ea42a0d11e#boot%20freeze%201
[3] https://paste.xenrox.net/~xenrox/29d28d1ea61a04f819819861266554ea42a0d11e#boot%20freeze%202