Re: both qemu-kvm-0.10.6 and kvm-88 crashing under heavy load while using scsi-backed storage

On 09/03/2009 12:14 AM, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
Hello Avi, thnaks for reply.

scsi is hardly tested, so this isn't surprising.
well, but if it's still the most safe way to go, then there's not much other
choices, is it?

If it crashes, it isn't the safest way.

AMD or Intel?  Uni or smp guests?
intel, SMP guests. sorry for not reporting this right away..

The host crash is of course more worrying.  Can you capture dmesg?
there's absolutely no output, just immediate reboot :(

Not even through netconsole?  It's on just one host, right?

It's in the scsi driver, so it's probable our scsi emulation is broken.
Or maybe (unlikely) a bug in the driver.
Well, I guess it'll be in emulation as well, as the driver is quite old
so it should be well tested.
Any hints on how could I futher debug it?

Add printk()s in the driver and see why it's confused. Maybe it will tell us something about the bug in the device.

signature is too narrow to contain.