Re: VGA pass-through

>>> Currently VGA pass-through is not supported in KVM. It needs much
>>> work to support it.
>>
>> Here's what I know of:
>>
>> - load the vga bios at 0xc0000
>> - implement whatever main bios interfaces the vga vios expects
>> - pass through the vga I/O ports
>>
> I think it also needs:
>  - map video RAM: 0xa0000 - 0xbffff
>  - remove Qemu VGA device emulation
>  - reserve enough guest memory space for PCI BARs (most
> graphics cards has more than 256M memory, I didn't check
> how much guest memory kvm reserve for PCI BARs)
>
> In addition, some graphics cards are specific, such as pBAR
> must equal to vBAR. To my feeling, there are some tricks to
> make it work.

Hi All,

Out of curiosity, has any progress been made on this?  I tried to set
this up myself several months ago (KVM-84) with no luck as primary or
secondary.  No matter what I did, if I passed through a video card,
kvm wouldn't even enter the bios.  Presumably because of vga bios
issues.  I even hacked the nvidia driver on my host system to make
certain that the host didn't touch the card at all.

Thanks,

  Nate