Re: Page allocation failures in guest

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:49:51 +0930
Rusty Russell <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's kind of the nature of networking devices :(
>
> I'd say your host now offers GSO features, so the guest allocates big
> packets.
>
> > > I doesn't get out of it though, or at least the virtio net driver
> > > wedges itself.
>
> There's a fixme to retry when this happens, but this is the first report
> I've received.  I'll check it out.

Will it still trigger the OOM killer with this patch, or will things
behave slightly more gracefully?

Rgds
--
     -- Pierre Ossman

  WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
  Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
  for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
  encryption.