Re: kvm-unit-tests : Kconfigs and extra kernel args for full coverage

Hi Paolo,

On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 at 18:36, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 24/02/20 13:53, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
> > [Sorry for the spam]
> >
> > Greeting from Linaro !
> > We are running kvm-unit-tests on our CI Continuous Integration and
> > testing on x86_64 and arm64 Juno-r2.
> > Linux stable branches and Linux mainline and Linux next.
> >
> > Few tests getting fail and skipped, we are interested in increasing the
> > test coverage by adding required kernel config fragments,
> > kernel command line arguments and user space tools.
>
> The remainins SKIPs mostly depend on hardware, for example "svm" only
> runs on AMD machines and "pku" only on more recent Intel processors than
> you have.

Thanks for explaining the reason for skip.

> > FAIL  vmx (408624 tests, 3 unexpected failures, 2 expected
> > failures, 5 skipped)
>
> This could be fixed in a more recent kernel.

I will keep running these tests on most recent kernels.

My two cents,
OTOH, It would be great if we have monthly tag release for kvm-unit-tests.

LKFT plan to keep track of metadata / release tag version of each test suites
and kernel branches and versions details.

Currently LKFT sending out kselftests results test summary on
each linux-next release tag for x86_64, i386, arm and arm64 devices.

The next plan is to enable kvm-unit-tests results reporting from LKFT.