Re: kvm-unit-tests : Kconfigs and extra kernel args for full coverage

Hi Naresh,

On 2/24/20 12:53 PM, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
> [Sorry for the spam]
>
> Greeting from Linaro !
> We are running kvm-unit-tests on our CI Continuous Integration and
> testing on x86_64 and arm64 Juno-r2.
> Linux stable branches and Linux mainline and Linux next.
>
> Few tests getting fail and skipped, we are interested in increasing the
> test coverage by adding required kernel config fragments,
> kernel command line arguments and user space tools.
>
> Your help is much appreciated.
>
> Here is the details of the LKFT kvm unit test logs,
>
> [..]

I am going to comment on the arm64 tests. As far as I am aware, you don't need any
kernel configs to run the tests.

>From looking at the java log [1], I can point out a few things:

- The gicv3 tests are failing because Juno has a gicv2 and the kernel refuses to
create a virtual gicv3. It's normal.

- I am not familiar with the PMU test, so I cannot help you with that.

- Without the logs, it's hard for me to say why the micro-bench test is failing.
Can you post the logs for that particular run? They are located in
/path/to/kvm-unit-tests/logs/micro-bench.log. My guess is that it has to do with
the fact that you are using taskset to keep the tests on one CPU. Micro-bench will
use 2 VCPUs to send 2^28 IPIs which will run on the same physical CPU, and sending
and receiving them will be serialized which will incur a *lot* of overhead. I
tried the same test without taskset, and it worked. With taskset -c 0, it timed
out like in your log.

- there are also other tests that spawn multiple VCPUs, using taskset will
serialize the VCPUs and will probably hide any potential locking issues.

[1]|https://lkft.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/1242488|

|Thanks,|
|Alex|