Re: [RFCv2 01/37] DOCUMENTATION: protvirt: Protected virtual machine introduction

On 04.02.20 10:19, Cornelia Huck wrote:
[...]
>>> These areas are in the SIE control block, right?
>>
>> SIDA is a new block, linked from SIE control block. The register are stored in
>> the control block. I think this is really not relevant for such a document (too
>> much technical detail when explaining the big idea), but I will fix the name of
>> the location at 0x380 though.  (its now general register save area).
>
> It's mostly that the block makes an appearance here, and it's unclear
> what it is and where it resides. Whether it is in the control block or
> is a satellite block is not really relevant for this document, I agree;
> but can we make it more obvious that it is another data structure
> associated with SIE? Maybe something like,
>
> "The control structures associated with SIE provide the Secure
> Instruction Data Area (SIDA) and the Interception-Data block. [Does
> that one have an acronym?] Instruction data is copied to and from the
> SIDA. ..."

It is now:

----
The control structures associated with SIE provide the Secure
Instruction Data Area (SIDA), the Interception Parameters (IP) and the
Secure Interception General Register Save Area.  Guest GRs and most of
the instruction data, such as I/O data structures, are filtered.
Instruction data is copied to and from the Secure Instruction Data
Area (SIDA) when needed.  Guest GRs are put into / retrieved from the
Secure Interception General Register Save Area.
----

FWIW, I have a new branch pv_worktree on kernelorg where I have all review
feedback included.

truction has already completed. What about

>> On SIE reentry, any KVM data in the data areas is ignored and execution
>> continues as if the guest instruction has completed. For that reasons
>
> s/has/had/
> s/reasons/reason,/

ack.