Talk publication - Leveraging KVM as a Debugging Platform

Hi,

I wanted to publish a talk that I did last week at hack.lu 2019 conference in Luxembourg.

The talk was about showing the new introspection capabilities of KVM, still in development,
and plugging a "smart" GDB stub on top that would understand the guest execution context.

There are 2 demos:
1. I demonstrate the integration in LibVMI (intercepting CR3, memory events and MSR)
2. I demonstrate debugging Microsoft Paint inside a Windows 10 VM, setting a breakpoint
   on NtWriteFile in the kernel, and avoid other processes's hits.

Abstract:
https://cfp.hack.lu/hacklu19/talk/MLPXAF/

Slides:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nFoCM62BWKSz2TKhNkrOjVwD8gP51VGK/view

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-wDpvItPUU

Project:
https://github.com/Wenzel/pyvmidbg

I thought it might be interesting to share it with the KVM community.

Thanks.