Moving important files and dirs to fileserver

So I need to stop being a lazy ass and update my kvm host from centos
6 to something newer. Since I can't just in-place update the OS like
ubuntu, I would like to use this opportunity to do some housecleaning.
One of the main things is move the important config dirs and files to
my fileserver so the boot disk in this host can be completely
expendable.

What do I need to save for kvm? For instance, I would think I want to
save /var/lib/libvirt and /var/run/libvirt/qemu; the vm guest disks
are logical volumes so I do not care about them in this question (i.e.
they are easy to deal with).