RE: KVM vs Xen/OpenVZ for VPS hosting business

If I would start a new hosting business I would offer container and full virtualization because of the following (just a few considerations):

OpenVZ (or any other container virtualization in general):

- you can run more VPS per physical host, but only Linux as guest
- much better resource controls, but only for older kernels (last stable is 2.6.18)
- very easy management tools for hosting scenarios
- stable environment with third party management tools for hosting

KVM (or full virtualization in general):
- full guest support (windows, linux, bsd, opensolaris)
- easier management tools compared to XEN
- compete with high quality VMware ESX hosting offerings (include HA, failover, etc.)

I would not choose XEN now for new business, as for me it is not clear if XEN is still here in such a prominent manner in a few years as most distribution moving to KVM.

Br, Martin