Re: Suggest changing commit "KVM: vmx: Introduce handle_unexpected_vmexit and handle WAITPKG vmexit"

On 27/09/19 16:55, Liran Alon wrote:
> Why is it confusing? Any exit-reason not specified in
> kvm_vmx_exit_handlers[] is an exit-reason KVM doesn’t expect to be
> raised from hardware. Whether it’s because VMCS is configured to not
> raise that exit-reason or because it’s a new exit-reason only
> supported on newer CPUs. (Which is kinda the same. Because a new
> exit-reason should be raised only if hypervisor opt-in some VMCS
> feature).

I agree that it's a bug compared to how other unhandled vmexits are
treated.  I didn't want to rewrite kvm/next or have a revert, so I have
sent a pull request but this should be fixed.  I'll wait for Liran's
patch or come up with one.

Paolo