Re: "set_link" monitor command

On 7/16/2009 2:30 AM, Michael Jinks wrote:
Like I said in my other network puzzlement thread, I have one KVM
guest which is working fine.  Or, it was until I tried to add a second
one, and hosed my virtual bridge.

The guest is still running, but since I restarted the bridge interface
that its NIC was attached to, it's no longer attached.  I thought that
maybe bringing its network interface down and back up again might
re-attach it to the bridge.  (Was I wrong?  Is there some other way to
change the network connections for a running guest?)

I found the "set_link" monitor command, but I can't figure out what
the link name should be.  I've tried:

(qemu) set_link eth0 up
could not find network device 'eth0'(qemu)
(qemu) set_link tap0 up
could not find network device 'tap0'(qemu)
Try 'info network'
Y.
?