Re: mdev live migration support with vfio-mdev-pci

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 00:28:25 +0000
"Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

I'm not sure how this native device driver registration would work, is
seems troublesome for the user.  vfio-pci already has optional support
for IGD extensions.  I imagine it would be similar to that, but we may
try to modularize it within vfio-pci, perhaps similar to how Eric
supports resets on vfio-platform.  There's also an issue with using the
native driver that users cannot then blacklist the native driver if
they only intend to use the device with vfio-pci.  It's probably best
to keep it contained, but modular within vfio-pci.  Thanks,

Alex