netperf in autotest

Hi,
In order to include netperf tests under kvm guests run I have been
trying to run netperf testsuit in autotest but I am getting barrier
failures. I want to understand the philosophy of implementation of the
autotest wrappers, so thought of quickly asking it on the list.
Here are my questions:

1. There are 3 control files control.server, control.client and
control.parallel. What is the scenario for which file ? Will
../../autotest/bin control.client with proper configuration on machine
(say, 9.126.89.168) be able to  run netperf completely automatically
or do I need to run the netserver on the other machine(say,
9.124.124.82)?
# cat control.client | grep ip
             server_ip='9.124.124.82',
             client_ip='9.126.89.168',

2. What is the purpose of control.parallel ?

3. What is the use of barriers in netperf2.py? Is it mandatory ? I
tried to understand it by going through the code but still I want to
double check.

The execution of this test using autotest is so far failing for me.
(though a minimal manual execution from command lines passes for me).
It mainly fails on barrier due to timeouts "timeout waiting for
barrier: start_1". I tried by running
../../bin/autotest client.control on machineA with server_ip set to
remote machine(B) and client ip set to this machine's ip(A).
../../bin/autotest server.control on one machineB with server_ip set
to machineB and client ip set to the remote machine's ip(A).

I want to ensure that I am not doing anything wrong.
Thanks in advance!!

--
Sudhir Kumar