Re: Migration for SPP(Sub-Page Protection) bitmaps

> > The destination userspace should simply call KVM_SUBPAGES_SET_ACCESS,
> > and KVM will process it just like it would on the source.  In other
> > words, it shouldn't matter if the ioctl is done as part of migration or
> > the first time a VM is setup.  And in both cases, lazy setup should be
> > fine.
>
> The problem is in current patch (as in link), it assumes
> the target pages are there in EPT, but in migration case, these pages
> are not setup in ETP, so KVM_SUBPAGES_SET_ACCESS during migration or
> destination bootup will fail, should I modify the patch to setup the
> ETP in lazy mode?

Yes, definitely.  Remember that EPT page tables come and go (pages could
be swapped out, or moved from one host physical address to another; there
is also a shrinker that will release EPT page tables if memory is low),
so SPP support should be ready for that.  Migration is just a special case.

Paolo