Re: Question about KVM API

Not that I know of.

This is surprisingly hard to implement correctly in KVM. On Intel x86
it could be done with MTF (monitor trap fault), but you would need to
VMEXIT at each instruction boundary, and getting the behavior right
for other traps/faults is pretty hard when running around with MTF
enabled on every instruction. It could be done somewhat inaccurately
using perf counters (setup interrupt on overflow for the per-thread
instruction count, and set the base value for that counter really
high), but I'm not even sure what the current state of KVM's Perf
support is, or if this trick would work well in practice since this
isn't really what perf counters were built for.