Re: Contribution to KVM.

On 3/18/19 12:27 PM, Javier Romero wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for your answer. I'm a Linux sysadmin and would like to start
> contributing with testing, if that could be useful for the project.
>
> And of course, I'm opened to learn new things and that would also be
> very interesting for me.
>
> Best Regards,
>

> Javier Romero

I know gmail makes it hard, but when posting to this list (and most
development lists), we usually prefer replying underneath instead of
above. (When in doubt, mimic what the people you are emailing seem to do
with their mails.)

It's usually best if you have something specific in mind, but if you're
curious in general I can recommend subscribing to this list and reading
the traffic for a little while to get an idea for the types of projects
that are being worked on. You might see something that catches your eye,
or something that a developer dismisses as a "nice to have, but I don't
have time for right now" that might be a good chance to investigate further.

It might be hard to get a grander view of the work at first, but if you
are determined to learn more about KVM I'd recommend building the module
from source and reading through the wiki and try to familiarize yourself
with the tooling.

Do you have much C programming experience as a sysadmin? You might find
it hard to make much meaningful headway without it. Never too late to
start, but you might find it easier to learn C outside the kernel
instead of within it.

Good luck,
--js