Crash in older kvmtool

Hi,

I discovered this last month, before Jean-Philippe's patch series was
merged. This issue is now resolved, but I thought it might be of
interest to distributions to update their package.  I have not assessed
the security impact, but it might be a good idea to update kvmtool
anyway.

Using standard ubuntu images, it's possible to crash kvmtool by
inserting/removing the virtio-blk module.

I boot with rdinit=/bin/sh, then run the following commands:

mkdir sys; mount -t sysfs s /sys
modprobe virtio-net
modprobe virtio-blk; modprobe -r virtio-blk
modprobe virtio-blk

This might be related to the lack of uninit of virtio devices, since I
can't reproduce the issue after applying Jean-Philippe's patch series
"Implement reset of virtio devices" (now merged in git) :
https://marc.info/?l=android-virt&m=154712959225769&w=4

I packaged the ubuntu kernel and a reduced initramfs to ease reproducing
the issue (the init script does it automatically):
https://anisse.astier.eu/static/crash-kvmtool.tar.xz

I haven't look in detail at the issue, but it crashes after memory has
been corrupted, the gdb stack isn't really helpful.

Regards,

Anisse