External-Interrupt Exiting

Hi,

I have a question regarding to the guest receiving and handling the
physical interrupt directly in VT-x. After disabling the
external-interrupt exiting, the running guest receives the physical
interrupts directly without VM exits and processes them by its IDT. I
have tried this option. However, the guest was not responsive. It
would be great if someone could point me at the right direction.
Thanks.

Here were the steps.
1. Insert kvm_intel.ko with the APIC virtualization disabled.
2. Boot up a KVM/QEMU guest which has 1 vCPU, the emulated serial port
but no network devices. I could telnet into the guest.
3. Pin the vCPU to its own dedicated core.
4. Disable the external interrupt exiting.
5. Disable the WRMSR VM exit due to updating the LAPIC TMICT.

Afterwards, the telnet session was not responding.

Best,

Kevin