Re: [patch 0/4] mmu audit update

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
Some updates to the MMU audit code.

The third patch is "guessy" because I could not find the notrap spte
documentation, all I can see is the page-fault error code mask and match
fields in the VMCS, but can't see the link of that to sptes. Can someone
point it out please?

When bypass_guest_pf is set, we tell vmx not to trap if the fault is due to page-not-present. So if we know gpte.p == 0, we set spte.p = 0 and allow not-present page faults to go directly to the guest without trapping.

Of course, we still need to trap cases where gpte.p = 1 but we haven't mapped the page yet. So we set a reserved bit in the spte and trap on that.