Re: kvm-kmod.git

Ryan Harper wrote:
So:
LINUX= is for the kvm sources (further controlled by whatever branch is checked out)
 --kerneldir= is for the host kernel

Ah, excellent, I didn't see it documented on the Code page of the wiki
and I blindly assumed that it went away.  Thanks for correction.

It actually did go away, but Jan brought it back.

The reason I'm digging is that I'm seeing 64-bit migration failing on
maint/2.6.29 kvm modules, but not on upstream kvm kernel bits and I
wanted to bisect to find where 64-bit migration is fixed so I can
suggest what to pull into maint/2.6.29.
Thanks, that's helpful. How does it fail? maybe I can supply an educated guess.

Migration succeeds, but source and target are frozen (though monitor of
guest is still interactive.
Nothing interesting in host dmesg, and of course no output from either
guest (they seemed locked).  Reproduced this sort of hang for any number
of guests (RHEL4u7/8, SLES10 SP2, SLES11, Win2k3-r2, win2k8, etc.) as
long as they are 64-bit

SMP?  Uniprocessor?

Try 'info registers' on both source and target and compare. Maybe we lose some bit in EFER.

signature is too narrow to contain.