Re: kvm_autotest: dynamically load tests

Uri Lublin wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I'm not sure this patch-set makes development much easier, as it only
> saves adding one line (entry) in test_routines table, but is less
> flexible (e.g. force file-name and function-name of test routines).
>
> Moving the test to a separate kvm_tests directory can be done without
> dynamic load of the tests.
>
> I don't have strong feelings about it though.
>
> What others think ?
>
> Thanks,
>     Uri.

Uri,

Thanks for the feedback, Lucas and I had a brief discussion about this
last week so I just wanted to repost what I already had just as a
starting point for a discussion on this topic, I know my patches are rough.

Our thinking is that it would be nice to be able to drop new tests in to
a kvm_test dir, modify the config file, and not have to "update" the
kvm_auottest or autotest binarys.

However I would also like to hear others opinions on this...

-D