Re: strange guest slowness after some time

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
Avi Kivity wrote:
Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

I still observe this "slowness" with kvm-86 after the guest is running for some time (virtio_net and virtio_console seem to be affected; guest restart doesn't fix it).

Anything in guest dmesg?

No.
No hints in syslog, dmesg...

Can it be that this is more likely to happens on "busy" hosts?

We'll only know once we fix it...

It happens for me on a host where I have 16 guests running.

Also, as I booted the host almost 2 days ago, 2 or 3 guests didn't start properly (16 guests were starting at the same time), with their kernel saying:

    Kernel panic - not syncing: IO-APIC + timer doesn't work!

Can it be related?

After I restarted these failed guests, they started properly.

This is timing related. On a busy host you can get timeouts and thus the panics. It's unrelated.

Maybe virtio is racy and a loaded host exposes the race.