Re: [GIT PULL] Please pull paulus/powerpc kvm-ppc-fixes-4.14-2 tag

On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 02:17:34PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> On 08/11/2017 12:03, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> > Hi Paolo,
> >
> > Please do a pull from my paulus/powerpc tree to get a fix for a bug
> > that can cause the host to crash when a guest resizes its hashed page
> > table.  I would like this to go into 4.14 if that is still possible.
> >
> > I have done a signed tag this time.  It is signed with a new signing
> > sub-key (2C63719F) that I made today, so you will need to fetch it if
> > you want to check the signature.  It is a sub-key on my key EC9DBB8C
> > which had expired, but I have set the expiry to "never" now, so you
> > will need to re-fetch that one too.
> >
> > I am going to do an equivalent fix on my kvm-ppc-next branch also, but
> > it will look different because the fix touches the same code that my
> > recent HPT-on-radix patch series touches.
>
> This would introduce conflicts that are a bit unnecessary.  Could you
> redo the fix on top of an older tag (e.g. on top of 4.14-rc3), and then:
>
> - I pull the fix from you for 4.14
>
> - you pull the fix yourself into kvm-ppc-next, and fix the conflicts?

My kvm-ppc-fixes branch is based directly on 4.14-rc4, which is prior
to the changes in the kvm next branch and my kvm-ppc-next branch, so I
don't see that I need to redo the fix.

I have merged kvm-ppc-fixes into kvm-ppc-next, resolved the conflicts,
and then applied another cosmetic patch on top to make the result look
nicer (with no functional change in that patch).  Doing that merge
also resolved another conflict (in arch/powerpc/kvm/powerpc.c).

So please do the pull from the existing kvm-ppc-fixes-4.14-2 tag for
4.14, and I'll send you a pull request for kvm-ppc-next.

Thanks,
Paul.