NvFBC for guest to local host possible? Shared memory

Hi All,

I am running a KVM guest on my workstation that has a Nvidia GPU passed through to it. This is simply so I can run Linux and Windows with decent performance on the same box. It seems that all the streaming technologies out there are designed specifically either for low bandwidth remote control application, or game capture, compression and streaming over a network.

Since it is all on the local PC, bandwidth of a network is inconsequential and as such the solutions that already exist are sub-optimal and introduce additional latency due to encode/decode

NVidia support NvFBC (Nvidia Frame Buffer Capture) which can be used to capture the screen data either raw, or after encoding using h264 or h265 to a provided block of memory.

Would it be possible to map pages of memory between the guest VM specifically for this purpose? and if so, could a DRI mapping be provided for the NvFBC API to write directly into effectively providing a very fast transfer of video data form guest to host?