Re: [Question] Where Qemu kvm_run structure is synchronized with the one of KVM

> Could it be that your field is placed after the end of the page?
>
> Paolo

My code works well as expected when I move the added field to the top
of kvm_run structure.
I did some investigation to understand why my code does not work when
I put the added field at the end of kvm_run. Here is what I got:

KVM:
@vcpu->run -> 0x*****e000
size of (struct kvm_run) -> 1360
added field offset in kvm_run -> 1336

Qemu:
@cpu->kvm_run -> 0x****f000
size of (struct kvm_run) -> 2384
added field offset in kvm_run -> 2360

I see that in Qemu and KVM the added field is inside the page but at
different offset from the start of kvm_run.
Do you think that the problem is that the added field is at different
offsets in KVM & Qemu ?

Yacine