Re: KVM_HYPERCALL

Kumar, Venkat wrote:
> Hi Avi - Yes the control is not coming to neither " kvm_handle_exit " nor "handle_vmcall" after the hypercall is made from the guest.
> If I am not wrong, the "KVM_HYPERCALL" instruction is expected to work, isn't it?

Hi Venkat,
  I have used this method of IO many times, so I can attest it does work
in general.   I suspect that there may be some issue in either the
configuration of your environment or perhaps your particular usage of it.

What version guest and host are you running?  Can you confirm that your
guest has the proper pv-ops support enabled?  If so, do you check the
cpuid for the presence of your HC feature (or at least check for the
presence of others if you are not explicitly advertising your own, like
MMU_OP).  See kvm_para_has_feature().  If that returns 'true' then you
at least know the hypercall patching has been performed on your guest.

-Greg