Re: [RFC 07/55] KVM: arm/arm64: Add virtual EL2 state emulation framework

Christoffer Dall <cdall@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> I started discussing with Jintack and reviewing this series so that I can understand
>> it better. If I have to constantly think that with every sentence I write I am judging
>> someone's abilities, or that I have to follow someone's rulebook for constructive comments,
>> well, thanks and good luck!
>
> What can I say.  I of course don't have a rulebook. I did not find your
> tone friendly or the review particularly helpful, but I'll try to be
> more patient next time.

While I don't agree with what you are saying above, I appreciate that you will try
to be patient. Not every review can be outright helpful, sometimes they are just
pointers to something the reviewer prefers/likes and it's ok to ignore them.
The best thing to do with an unhelpful review is to just set it aside.

I didn't start out reviewing by thinking that I will pull out all tiny places
where words are misspelled or structures have a typedef. I noticed
the typedef usage while replying to you and thought of mentioning it. It's right there in
the same patch, not across different patches and I probably would have posted a patch
myself.

Anyway, I will make another attempt based on your input that we should focus on the design
aspect.

Thanks,
Bandan