Re: kvm-autotest: The automation plans?

----- "sudhir kumar" <smalikphy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Uri/Lucas,
>
> Do you have any plans for enhancing kvm-autotest?
> I was looking mainly on the following 2 aspects:
>
> (1).
> we have standalone migration only. Is there any plans of enhancing
> kvm-autotest so that we can trigger migration while a workload is
> running?
> Something like this:
> Start a workload(may be n instances of it).
> let the test execute for some time.
> Trigger migration.
> Log into the target.
> Check if the migration is succesful
> Check if the test results are consistent.

Yes, we have plans to implement such functionality. It shouldn't be
hard, but we need to give it some thought in order to implement it as
elegantly as possible.

> (2).
> How can we run N parallel instances of a test? Will the current
> configuration  be easily able to support it?

I currently have some experimental patches that allow running of
several parallel queues of tests. But what exactly do you mean by
"N parallel instances of a test"? Do you mean N queues? Please provide
an example so I can get a better idea.

Thanks,
Michael