[RFC][KVM-AUTOTEST] Work to get autotest kvm merged back upstream

Hi folks, it's a pleasure to join the team!

One of our goals with autotest kvm is to get all the work done so far
back to the autotest upstream project. I looked at the code, and have
sketched a plan to do it. Some considerations first:

 1 Currently several parts of the code don't follow the upstream coding
standards. This is the easy part, low hanging fruit.

 2 Currently we have a kvm_log module to do the logging. On the upstream
project we've been working on a logging system that can replace kvm_log
with advantages (all advantages of the standard python logging module).

For the 2 first points, I already have some patches in place to do the
conversion, however I still have to test them and make sure all the
tests are working without a hitch.

 3 The kvm tests have their own SSH connection handling implementation.
This is not a huge problem to get accepted upstream, since most of the
work is in a module that doesn't affect other parts of the autotest
code. We might want to use upstream API eventually.

 4 We want to make it easy for people to add new tests to the framework.
We are unsure if the current way we define the tests (all of them under
the file kvm_tests.py) is good maintainability-wise. Unfortunately I am
new to KVM and I still don't have a clear idea if we could use a
different approach.

For 3 and 4, we will still need more time to work on this. However, they
are not crucial to get all the stuff merged back with upstream.

 5 Though there are plans of moving from subversion to git, we still
don't know when that will happen. So it might take a little time.

I think 5 doesn't hold us back from merging back with upstream as soon
as possible. I talked with some folks at google and they agree that we
should merge soon.

So the current plan is:

 * Finish the patches to make the code base comply with upstream
standards, give it good testing.
 * Finish replacing kvm_log with the logging module and test everything
 * Send a patch upstream adding the kvm test module
 * From there, development would happen using cross posting between the
autotest mailing list and the KVM one.

I hope this all makes sense. Comments?

Best regards,

--