Re: KVM + virt-manager: which is the perfect host Linux distro?

Evert wrote:
Can I conclude from that that Debian is the best host distro to go for? Better than Red Hat & Gentoo?

I'm not really convinced there's a big enough difference that it matters -- particularly on a production system where you intend to stick to stable, well-tested software. That said, many of the bleeding-edge tools coming out of Red Hat's Emerging Technologies group (such as libguestfs) are developed principally for Fedora; if you're looking to live on the edge, that might be the way to go.

Ubuntu also has their own virtualization group; if you want something where your distributor makes an effort to keep maintained packages available (and accept that this means that they'll lag behind latest upstream a bit), it's not a bad place to be either.