misbehaving virtual machines

Here's my story.

I have several physical servers running a handful of kvm virtual
machines each, (centos-6.mumble).  I've inherited them, the original
owners are long gone, and the machines have largely been sitting idle
for months, (years?).  I managed to find their storage and back them up,
then physically moved them all.

They're now back up in a new physical location, with manually reset IP
addresses.  Most of the guest machines have come back up as one would
expect, but a handful have not.  Virsh shows them running, but "virsh
console" appears to connect with no other response.

I've tried all the ways I can find to reset/restart them to no avail.  I
believe these machines to have been running fine fairly recently but
they're not coming up now.  (Some do, some don't, high consistency on
which ones do come up and which ones don't).

How do I debug this?  The only things I find in the log are "starting
up", the qemu start command, "char device redirected to /dev/pts/1", and
then "shutting down".  Where do I go from here?

--rich

- CONFIDENTIAL-

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.