Re: Introspection API development

We've developed an introspection API that I'm using with Xen already.
Our libraries right now have a core and a Xen plugin that gets loaded
at runtime. My goal is to just make a KVM plugin, but KVM would need
introspection features for that to happen.

We have abstractions for things like mapping guest memory. Given a
virtual address, vcpu, and length, it does the virt->phys translations
for each page and maps them sequentially in the process' address
space. It makes it convenient for accessing structures in the guest,
especially if they span multiple pages.

I didn't see a great way to get that kind of feature into QEMU.
Besides that, we do things with #GP/#UD faults. As far as I understand
it, QEmu doesn't have access to vmexits of that type, but maybe I'm
missing something?

-Stephen