Re: Re: Is guest OS oriented scheduling welcome?

> From: Anthony Liguori <anthony <at> codemonkey.ws>
> By standard thread scheduling, I presume you mean scheduling that
> doesn't take into account IO?  That is, this paper is arguing that in a
> virtualization environment, you want to provide temporary
> disproportionate scheduling to favor IO bound workloads over CPU bound
> workloads.

> I don't think you need the credit scheduler to implement this idea in
> KVM.

I don't think either. ;)
Yes, according to http://kerneltrap.org/node/11773 CFS can provide
rather find cpu usage control.

In fact, credit scheduler is not my ultimate goal. I value the extra
execution control mechanism more.
My goal is to implement the function that virtual machine user
specifies the virtual machine interaction model and the QoS
requirement, and upon collecting these information, the user tools
automatically informs the scheduling mechanism to treat  all the
related virtual machines as a whole to fulfil the user's needs
efficiently.
Can cgroups meet my requirement?  Maybe I should study it. Would you
mind giving me an example?

> What are the other motivating factors for wanting to use credit over cfs?
As I stated above, I am not sure which scheduler is better. What I
care is how to co-schedule related vcpus efficiently.