KVM failover

Hello list!

I have searched for a while now and have not found a solution to my
problem yet. So I ask here in hope that someone can answer or point me
to some good documentation.

I have two identical servers and that run as a cluster for KVM
virtualization with a 1Gbit/s Ethernet PHY that interconnect the
nodes. I can migrate the VMs from one node to the other, but if one
node craches all the VMs on that node will also crash.

Is it possible to configure KVM on the other node to act as
"hot-spare", so if the primary node (the one with the running VMs) go
down the VMs will only freeze and then continue to run interupted on
the secondary node?

If this type of setup is not implemented I would like to post a
feature request for active/passive "Hot spare"-feature or
"failover"-feature (if it is doable at all?).

Regards
Anders