Re: Luvalley-2 has been released: running KVM below any operating system

It is not a typo. I copied from UnixBench output directly. Howver, it
must be a bug of Luvalley because even the native Linux benchmark on
Double-Precision Whetstone is not that high. I also noticed that other
benchmarks are all lower than native Linux.

About timing, Luvalley does nothing more than KVM except that Luvalley
implemented the VLAPIC timer using TSC while KVM uses the services of
Linux kernel. The other timers of both Luvalley and KVM, I think, are
all implemented in Qemu.

Moreover, I could not explain why Luvalley's benchmarks on process
creation, execl throughput, file copy and shell script are 20% ~ 40%
higher than KVM, while other benchmarks on pipe throughput, context
switching and syscall overhead are almost the same as KVM.

Thanks for your attention,

Xiaodong