Re: Fixing nested SVM event injection

On 23/05/2016 09:38, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> But now I'm loosing interrupts for L2 (keep in mind: under Jailhouse, L1
> takes no interrupts, only NMIs, L2 will get them all). The pattern is
> that an interrupt is received and accepted over L1, but I'm not seeing
> it being injected into L2 after vmrun. What should ensure the injection
> when switching to guest mode?
>
> Right now, I'm not even finding this for VMX anymore, but I know it's
> working reliably there. Is the interrupt window on VMX opened over L1
> and simply kept during guest transition?

Is this check_nested_events?  After vmlaunch/vmresume,
check_nested_events returns -EBUSY, an immediate exit is requested,
nested_run_pending causes vmx_vcpu_run to do

        if (vmx->nested.nested_run_pending)
                kvm_make_request(KVM_REQ_EVENT, vcpu);

and on the next entry inject_pending_event sets in the
CPU_BASED_INTR_PENDING in vmcs02?

SVM doesn't have the equivalent of nested_run_pending, nor does it
implement check_nested_events.

Paolo