Re: Virtio Queries

Kumar, Venkat wrote:
2. If it is Guest physical address, how qemu converts it to its virtual address before processing the buffer?

See the logic in cpu_physical_memory_rw() and cpu_physical_memory_map().

==> Thanks for the reply. Are these the functions which convert the Guest physical addresses to qemu Virtual addresses?

Yes.

If yes, I did not find any routine calling these functions in the Virtio block IO flow. May be I missed it. Can you please point me to the code where Qemu's backend virtio driver is taking the SGE from the virt ring descriptor after it gets a notification from the guest and converting it to a qemu virtual address before calling "read or write" system calls.

It's in hw/virtio.c, see virtqueue_pop().

virtio-blk.c will issue the actual read or write (via bdrv_aio_{read,write}v()).