Re: kvm-autotest new test, save and load

David Huff wrote:
Submitting new test for review and comments. This test was originally developed by the Red Hat QE team. It starts a new guest saves it and reloads the saved state.
looking for comments and or improvements that can be made to this test.

I have some code (aimed at testing software within the guest, rather than kvm itself) which does this kind of operation quite frequently; the most common case where I've seen failures happen is when writes are active while state is being saved.

One enhancement might be to test the integrity of block device writes being done during the save/restore process itself -- for instance, write a file of all high bits, start a process overwriting it with all low bits, run the save and restore before the latter process has completed, and ensure that after the migration is complete and the process has finished, the file contains nothing but 0s.