Re: KVM pci-assign - iommu width is not sufficient for mapped address

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inputs.

We are using Mellanox ConnectX-3 iSER SRIOV capable NICs. We provision
these VF's into the VM. The VM connects to few SSD drives through
iSER. For this performance test, if we expose the same SSDs through
iSER out of VM to servers & run vdbench 4K read/write workloads we see
this significant performance drop when using vfio. These VM's have 8
hyper-threads from Intel E5-2680 v3 server & 32GB RAM. The key
observation is with vfio the cpu saturates much earlier & hence cannot
allow us to scale IOPs.

I will open a separate mail thread about this performance degradation
using vfio with numbers. In the meantime if you can suggest how to
look for performance issue or what logs you would prefer for VFIO
debugging it will help in getting the needed info for you.

Thanks.

--Shyam