KVM-74: HELP PLEASE - cannot boot from cdrom for recovery

Today we upgraded one of our VM's from F9 to F10 and after the first reboot we see the dreaded GRUB prompt. This it turns out is a known problem with F10 installs. And the recovery is usually very simple. You boot into rescue mode from CDROM and reinstall the boot loader. The problem we're seeing is that even though I select CDROM from the boot menu, it will never boot from the CDROM. It always has an error. What can we do to get this VM to boot from the CDROM drive so that we can install a new bootloader and recover this VM?

Regards,
Gerry