Re: BUG: soft lockup - CPU stuck for ...

Nikola Ciprich <extmaillist <at> linuxbox.cz> writes:

> Hi,
> I was also experiencing this problem a lot for quite a long time (and for
> wide range of KVM versions..)
> I might be completely wrong as I'm not sure if it was really the reason,
> but i THINK it disappeared when I started to use fully preemptible kernel on
host..
> You might want to try it...
> BR
> nik

Alas i can't! I am on thin ice compiling libvirt, virt-manager and kvm on my own.
Company rules say i have to use upstream packages and there those that come from
the install-mediums. But if live-migration won't work i have to use VMWare.
Seems like i take the fallback of i686 - live-migration seems to work there -
and wait for RHEL 5.4 in fall. Then kvm is said to be the default virtualization
from Red Hat.