Re: Split kvm source tarballs

Avi Kivity wrote:
Anthony Liguori wrote:
Hi Avi,

I spent some time today putting together an approximation of the KVM stable release based on QEMU 0.10.x. In principle, it's not too bad at all because it's just a matter of creating a branch in kvm-userspace that's based a kvm commit sometime after the QEMU 0.10.x release but before the next qemu-cvs merge you did that happened post QEMU 0.10.x. Basically, it was a merge of 72ee81f and ddecccc.

The problem for me is pulling in the QEMU stable fixes. You don't have a branch that tracks the QEMU stable tree and I can pull in the QEMU stable git tree without rewriting history since the directory layout is different.

But if you created a qemu-svn-stable branch that followed the QEMU stable tree in kvm-userspace, like the qemu-cvs branch follows trunk, then it would be pretty easy to create and maintain a kvm_stable_0_10 branch of whatever you'd like to call it in kvm-userspace.

Any chance you could do this? I suspect it's just a matter of creating the branch based off of the qemu-cvs tree at ddecccc and then doing a git-svn fetch.

I pushed this under the old naming convention, as kvm-userspace.git maint/2.6.30. I'll rename it once I convert the repo.

Sweet, thanks!

Regards,

Anthony Liguori