Re: strange guest slowness after some time

Felix Leimbach schrieb:

If it gets slow again, I'll check if e1000 interface is slow as well.

Will keep you updated.
I see similar behavior: After a week one of my guests' network totally stops to respond. Only guests using virtio networking get hit. Both windows and linux guests are affected.
My guests in production use e1000 and have never been hit.
While that can be a coincidence it seems very unlikely: Out of 3 virtio guests 2 have been hit, one repeatedly.
Out of 3 e1000 guests none has ever been hit.

Observed with kvm-83 and kvm-84 with the host running in-kernel KVM code (linux 2.6.25.7)

Could you add a (unused) e1000 interface to your virtio guests?
As this issue happens rarely for me, maybe you could help to reproduce it as well (i.e. if network gets slow on virtio interface, give e1000 a IP address, and try if network is also slow on e1000 on the very same guest).

BTW, what CPU do you have?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org