Issues with virtio_net in multiple guests?

Hoping someone can help me track down an issue I'm experiencing on a
KVM machine I built recently.

I currently have 4 VMs built and running all using virtio_net.  The
VMs are stock builds of Debian Lenny, Ubuntu 8.10, Ubuntu 8.04, and
one with Ubuntu 8.04 with the 2.6.27 kernel in 8.10.  The network is
fine on the stock 8.04 and Debian VMs, though those were also the
first two ones to be booted.  I don't know if that has anything to do
with it or not.

On the VMs, the network cards are detected, but fail to come up.  If I
do ifconfig -a, the card shows, however if I try to bring it up, it
always says:

SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address

The address isn't in use or anything, so no reason I can think of why
it can't assign it.  It recognizes the device, however can't bring it
up.  All the VMs have unique MAC addresses, randomly generated.  One
of the ones that doesn't work is using 93:01:dc:a0:f0:57.

Has anyone experienced this before or have any ideas to help point me
in the right direction?

Thanks!
  Ken Robertson