Re: kvm-autotest -- introducing kvm_runtest_2

* Michael Goldish <mgoldish@xxxxxxxxxx> [2009-03-11 03:02]:
> > We've also been creating stepfiles for Linux guests as well that
> > aren't
> > here, various SLES and RHEL installs -- and I've repeatedly seen the
> > same issue where the cropped region *should* match but isn't, and it
> > isn't a result of any of the very correct reasons you've listed below
> > as
> > to why the stepfiles might fail.

[snip]

> Regarding the stepfiles you created for Linux -- I can't help much
> with those since I don't have the data. I do believe that if I had the
> data and the stepfiles I could quickly identify the problem, so if you
> think those can be sent to us, I'd like to have them.

I created a stepfile for RHEL5 and what I'm seeing is that one of the
screens I captured in stepmaker ended up having a focus ring around
something and on replay the focus isn't there.  This situation isn't
something that a new algo will fix as you pointed out.  I'm wondering if
this is something you've seen.  I don't quite understand how it would
happen since stepmaker and the replace send the same keystrokes.  I also
don't see how in general this can be avoided.

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx